Monday, August 18, 2008

Believe Christ!

So what do you do when you have a child get into drugs and throw out all the values you have tried to teach them. You go through all of the stages of mourning. Yep, you got it I say mourning. I have been bouncing around in them since I found out that my son has fallen in the that spiraling pit of addiction to drugs and the life of lies that revolve around it. I cringe at the things people have shared with me that they have seen him do. I shake my head and cry.
One of the first things I have done is blame myself for not being a good enough mother. Somehow I keep coming back to that conclusion over and over. The other thing is pray with all my might for my son to somehow overcome this devastating addiction. The Lord and I have had some mighty talks. It is amazing to me how the answers that give the most kick come in the form of soft whisperings to my soul at the most interesting moments. Like walking down the street having the thought come clearly to my mind 'No matter what mistakes you made as a mom, Unless you actually held him down and shoved the drugs down his throat or shot him up (He) is the one that is ultimately responsible for the path he is on. He is the one that has to want to overcome and do something worthwhile with his life before he can be saved.' Or sitting in a lesson in Relief Society and having the words spoken clearly to my mind 'Believe Christ, that is what it all comes down to. Do you believe Christ and what he has promised he would do for us.'
'You have done what you can now leave the rest up to Me his Savior. I'll tell you what to do to help when I need you to help him. Otherwise work on teaching the two that you have at home.'

That is so hard for me!!!! So it really does boil down to do I Believe Christ and accept what his plan is for my son that has gone away from all he has been taught. Can I let go and let God as the saying goes?
Believe Christ!!!

1 comment:

Meredith Haag said...

Amen! I can only imagine what you're going through. Just remember that Satan would love for you to sit and blame your self! We all need to do a little bit for Alec. He should know that we all love him and are hoping and praying for him to overcome.