Monday, September 29, 2008

Sagebrush Flats


We took a ride up to Sagebrush Flats to see the colors change. We had folding chairs up in back of the truck and the kids were sitting in the back. Dean commented how he wished he was back there with them enjoying the views so I told him I would drive and he could ride back with the kids. Now I have to tell you I didn't think I was going fast but as I driving along I hear the kids laughing and making comments about how fast and bumpy the ride was. Mind you they had no idea that I could hear them through the open windows. Then I heard Dean say "Who are you and what have you done with my wife." So I said "did I just hear you say--who are you and what have you done with my wife". With a little twinkle in his voice Dean said "Why yes--you did. I didn't know that you could hear that." Then they all giggled a little more. Yes, that was a fun moment in my week.
Ashlyn called me and said "Mom come and look." She was so excited it was like she had found a treasure. And she did, I love the Heartshape in the stump of the tree. Don't you just love nature!
*(Teancum it is by where we park to go to hike to "Your tree" as Dad and the kids call it. --From your hike with Dad years ago).




1 comment:

Meredith Haag said...

mmmmmmmmm... I can just smell the air! You and Dean are so cute!
I wish I could have gone with you.